Friday, September 30, 2011

30 for 30

I thought it only right that my first blog in MONTHS (seriously) be about my amazing husband :)  Today my man turns 30! This is definitely NOT where Felix saw himself being at 30, but he would be the first to say that being married 6 years, having 3 kids, and looking towards planting our own church is a much better plan than his own (just married, no kids, SEDYD)


Felix is my hero- a true servant, an advocate for truth, a courageous father, and a dedicated husband.  There is so much I could say about him... but here are just a few reasons (in no certain order) why I am madly in love with this man...


1. He is HOT!! I'm telling you what, I've been checking him out for almost 10 years now, and I am still impressed! :)
2. He's what I like to call a "wordsmith" (lol), he writes songs on a pretty consistent basis for our kids... and they LOVE THEM!
3. He's stubborn as crap!  It's so refreshing to be around a man that is truly a MAN- does not back down, leads in every situation, and could care less about being a people pleaser! (let me hear an Amen!)
4. He admits his mistakes. While incredibly STRONG and stubborn, he is also incredibly humble. I have seen him take correction gracefully, and admit mistakes openly. He knows how to say I'm sorry.
5. He makes the bed better than me. Even though I make the bed almost every day, the days he makes it, it ALWAYS looks way better than when I do it. (what's with that? what am I doing wrong?)
6. He has a prayer voice. (its the same as his preaching voice) He won't ever admit it, but he does :)
7. He makes me LAUGH!! Felix can tell a story like nobody else I know! He is absolutely hilarious! Even watching from a distance, his stories will make you laugh because of the full blown animation that he cannot help but incorporate into every one!
8. He sees the world differently. Felix has the ability to think Big-Picture all the time. His wisdom and thoughtfulness open my eyes daily to a different way of living life (more purposefully)
9. He was born to be a dad! I have fallen more in love with my husband every time we have added a child to our family.  His tenderness, affection, humor, joy, and strength is incredible.  He is a sucker for our kids, and I love it!
10. He is an amazing drummer... that's hot :)
11. He honors me and our marriage. My man takes EXTRA lengths in safeguarding himself and our marriage. He fights for his purity, walks with integrity, and loves me ridiculously! This wife can sleep at night knowing my man only has eyes for me. (another Amen is in order)
12. He's Puerto Rican. LOVE LOVE LOVE having culture in my life (not to mention he has an incredible tan year round)! His incredible family has brought joy, friendship, and really GREAT food into my life. Now if only he could give me a little more of an accent! Ay ay ay!!!
13. He is SO smart! Felix is the kind of guy who cannot stand to only know "headline" information... he is the one researching the headlines, educating himself, knowing details. He can always intelligently discuss the latest news, politics, or sports subjects. Not only that, but my man KNOWS the Word!! I have literally been in the middle of telling him something I read in the Bible when he said "Oh... yeah yeah, in (BOOK) chapter (NUMBER), right?" and he was exactly right! Amazing!
14. He is a servant. The first thing I ever learned from my husband (before we were even friends yet), was how to be a servant. Felix will do anything asked of him, is incredibly generous, and is loyal to the end.
15.  He has great hands. Felix's hands are rough, scarred, and strong; yet he takes great care of them. They look tough, but ALWAYS clean.
16. He's a Mama's boy ("nene de mami"). Felix will forever be his mother's baby boy, but at the same time, his love, respect and friendship with her is such a blessing. From her he learned to be a christian, a leader, and a gentleman.
17.  He is intentional with our children. Felix can consistently be found spending one-on-one time with each of our children... playing with them, singing to them, teaching them, praying with them. Being deliberate in the lessons we teach our children starts when they are young :)
18. He is patient with meI need that! Enough said :) 
19. He loves others. Even in challenging situations, Felix can find things in common with those around him, and take interest in their lives. And he REMEMBERS the details, and asks about them later- truly giving value to those he encounters!
20. He ALWAYS smells good. My man has great hygiene! He usually smells better than me! Ha!!
21. He obeys God.  I can confidently follow my husband and submit to his authority in our home because I KNOW he hears from God AND he obeys!
22. He thinks he's good at accents. You know, he tries English, Australian, German... yeah, it's REALLY bad- basically they all sound exactly the same.
23. He's a hard worker. Felix don't do lazy! Everything he does- he works hard at- doing everything with excellence. He will do whatever it takes to provide for our family, and will do it well.
24. He makes other's better. Felix lives at a high standard, raising the bar for and challenging others with his lifestyle, convictions, beliefs, and wisdom.
25. He spoils me
26. His laugh is amazing. I LOVE making Felix laugh, and when he does, the entire room lights up :)
27. He believes in and practices discipleship. I have seen teenagers and young men's lives changed because Felix has invested, loved, spent time with, and listened to them. He keeps mentors in his life, to never stop learning and growing, and continues to pursue deeper friendships with men in the church.
28. He dreams big. There are a number of "comfortable" "options" out there for what Felix could do with his life, but he doesn't want "comfortable", and there are no "options", just God's will. Felix may be going on a road less traveled than some of his peers, but he is dreaming God-sized dreams.
29. He trusts God. Felix has amazing faith in God. He is a source of strength when my faith has been shaken, and a calming force to my worrying. He trusts that when Jesus says "Go"- that means He'll get us there AND work out the details. 
30. He can take you. Yep, my man won't hesitate to protect and defend our family (don't mess :)


Jun, te amo con todo mi corazon.
Rach

3 comments:

  1. Felix takes care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the blog world momma! Woot! I think you should've done a 31, to add, he's an excellent decision maker by picking you as a wiiiife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool rachy...i can def think of felix when reading this...except he knows i can take him...(or at least took him that one time :) love you both!
    -mikey

    ReplyDelete