Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where the streets have no name




I'm missing my Uncle Chuck today... He died about 12 yrs ago, tragic car accident. A mother in a minivan slid on ice, crossing over into oncoming traffic, and hit my Uncle head on. I'll never forget my Father's face and words as he told me that his little brother was gone. I fell to the ground. I did not understand. I blamed God. I questioned His love.

Chuck was the best of God's creations. Quirky, socially awkward by most people's standards, and completely misunderstood. He fed the hungry, clothed the poor, housed the homeless, loved the unloveable... The line at his wake was out the door, for hours... Strangers to everyone there, testifying of Chuck's kindness and generosity to them. He was a beautiful husband and Father, and took God's Word literally.

And I miss him...

1 comment:

  1. Chuck was a sold out, fired up man of God. From the day he was saved, Chuck had one foot in heaven. That may be why people misunderstood him. He would have been embarrassed by all of the people waiting to tell their stories of his kindness that night. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete